View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #13550 (permalink)
jmar
Nexican

Device(s): hammerhead, falcon, dream, grouper (Retired: mako, toro, daytona, vivow, inc, aloha, encore)
Carrier: AT&T & VZW

Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,884 Posts
jdmartinez89@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartino5920 View Post
I believe in the death penalty. That's all I will say.
Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to clarify my potentially controversial standpoint. And I do not wish to start any arguments, I am not know around the forums for anything like that and I don't plan to start today.

I just want to say that abhorrent human behavior, crimes like the one this man is alleged to have committed, make me question the nature of our "fair" justice system. I just think that if, in a perfect world in which convictions could be 100% correct, you commit certain crime that we should not be paying taxes to house these people for a lifetime or for years on end leading up to a death sentence.

Basically, if we had a concept of "no doubt" as a different level of conviction that superseded "reasonable doubt" we could have a better society. People who commit crimes against children make me red and furious.

Again, I don't wish to start any argument but I had to get this off my chest.

Thank you for listening and respecting my words, even if you do not agree. Guides and Mods: feel free to remove this if you see fit. I hope that I used wording that falls within the construct of our rules and guiding principles.

jmar
My favorite getaway--->Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole
Last edited by jmar; May 12th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmar For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (May 12th, 2012), dawnierae (May 14th, 2012)