Thread: Support SD card problems.
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
jubair07

Device(s): HTC Wildfire S 2.3.3 Rooted with S-ON
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYFIELD1 View Post
I have a HTC Wildfire S and am having some issues with the Micro SD card. The Samsung 2GB card that came with the phone works fine but was not large enough so I purchased a SanDisk 4GB card. When my phone is writing data to the card I get a notification saying "SD Card unexpectedly removed" and I have to unplug it and then put it back in.

I thought that there must be some kind of a fault with the card and so today I purchased a SanDisk 8GB ultra HCSD card, but to my dismay this card is also having the same issue. If I connect the card directly to a PC it works absolutely fine, but writing data to the card through the phone results in the "unexpectedly removed" message.

Does anyone perhaps have any ideas as to what is causing this to happen and how to solve the problem preferably without having to purchase yet another SD card? Thanks.
I dont have much experience with android phones, but so far as I know, I have seen people formatting their card to FAT32 file system. The original Sd-Card has FAT32 file system probably in all or most android phones.

The reason it works in windows cos any file system works in windows. But maybe only FAT32 file system works in android phones. So, if they are not formatted to FAT32 file system yet, maybe thats the problem.

When you format, be careful cos FAT and FAT32 file system are different and not same.
The Following User Says Thank You to jubair07 For This Useful Post:
Akmalswat (May 20th, 2012)