View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crafty

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carldvs View Post
I think to blame this on Apple is a cop out. Samsung has copied Siri with S Voice which is identical, so I don't see any worries there.
They have introduced a micro sim, again a copy from Apple, so I don't see nothing there. They have certainly tried to copy Apple with marketing the phone, so again I don't see nothing there. They have kept the single home button, so again I see nothing there what so ever.
When The Galaxy S2 was revealed I found this forum and it was awash with hype. I went off here and pre ordered.
The galaxy S3 however has left me dissapointed. HTC One X has managed to be nice with good build quality, copied the non removable battery, no micro sd card slot, micro sim etc with no worries about Apple, so why have Samsung gone down this road?
It extends past phones.

Apple basically have a patent on a black rectangle. They are currently trying to stop the Galaxy Tab being sold in the USA because it infringes this patent and has caused Apple hardship (!) because Samsung apparently copied the (patented) idea of a black rectangle.

Given that sort of situation Samsung would of been very foolish to release another phone that might possibly contravene the patent - as the article shows, unequal corners, its not black etc. Subtle differences but enough to see any case Apple tried to raise being thrown out.

The thing I don't get is look at all the other phones out there- many of them infringe the patent too. I can only presume Apple are scared of Samsung getting a decent foothold in the market so are targeting them first - if they had won against the SG2 I think they would of gone after HTC and other manufacturers.