View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Arative

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot View Post
+1 I'm actually looking forward to the data sharing plans and will probably hold out until they are available. My wife and I combined don't use 2GB/month, so I'll be happy to give up our unlimited plans to save $30/month.
Except that you'll probably end up spending more money. The CFO, Shammo, admitted as much when on a conference call.

As you come through an upgrade cycle and you upgrade in the future, you will have to go onto the data share plan. And moving away from, if you will, the unlimited world and moving everybody into a tiered structure data share-type plan.

So when you think about our 3G base, a lot of our 3G base is unlimited. As they start to migrate into 4G, they will have to come off of unlimited and go into the data share plan. And that is beneficial for us for many reasons, obviously. So as you pick what tier you want to be and we think that there will be some price up in those tiers.

“Price up” is code language for bill hiking. Customers adopting family share plans may be able to share data across a larger number of devices, but at consumption pricing, many customers will find their Verizon bills substantially higher than before.

Sprint is looking better, even with their poorer network. At least they don't seem to be screwing their customers to more revenue.