View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1321 (permalink)
smg65

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

sdraw... you may be right about why I was getting the buzzes. However, I haven't yet found a way to "unbrick" the phone. Seems that the methods I've seen require that the SD card at least be recognized or have some kind of access to the phone. The SD card doesn't seem to be recognized by the phone or by USB. Volume down and power take me to the HBoot screen, but nothing there fixes the phone. I wait long enough and it goes to the clockwork screen. None of the selections do anything there. They just take me to the hat icon and at that point I can press the power button which takes me back to the clockwork menu (again, can't do anything there), or I can pull the battery.

Oh well... might mean a trip to Verizon. So... what do I tell the Verizon techs... I messed it up trying to root? And what are the consequences? In your experience, can they "unbrick" a phone, or will I be purchasing a new one?

Hey... thanks for all your help guys. I do appreciate it, and I should have quit while I was ahead (rooted at 2.2). I have a tendency to plug away, and this time I guess I got bit!!