View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
marcelf

Device(s): Galaxy S wifi 5.0 PMP Galaxy S4 mini Phone
Carrier: Not Provided

I got mine mainly for video use. MX player is much better than the stock player, as all controls are onscreen. My phone only has a low res 3.2inch screen, and the battery does not last long playing videos. Web browsing with a small screen is a nightmare, and I only use it if I have to.
I had an archos 5it (for 3 weeks), but the screen was really bad being resistive.

I got the 5inch player as I wanted the biggest screen, and it fitted into a shirt pocket. i'd love a phone with a 5inch screen, but am not prepared to pay more than my pc for one as I don't use it much (I have no friends! lol)

I can use the screen for web browsing quite happily, viewing the page is easier than on a small screen. Double tapping or pinch and zoom is not a problem. For long web browsing, a bigger screen is deffinetly prefferable. I can sit watching TV and loook something up easily on the 5inch device. It can get a bit slow for browsing, but I use advanced task killer to kill background apps. That makes it run faster with the available RAM.
I diddn't like the keyboard for typing, as it does not have a comma (running froyo) but I got a gingerbread keyboard and am much happier now. Using it horizontally, the keys are really big as well. I keep making spelling mistakes on my phone as I'm so used to the player now. I don't use predictive text.

I also use the satnav and the music player in the car.
I use it at work to demmo cameras I sell, and also the new samsung cameras with wifi apps.

As blackdog said this really is a portable mutli use device.

To be honest, buying both devices (5 and 7inch) might might be the ideal solution.

marcel
The Following User Says Thank You to marcelf For This Useful Post:
buttonstc (May 18th, 2012)