View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
InFiD3ViL

Device(s): Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notadmiring View Post
I am about to take a hammer to this phone. It has to have the cord positioned just so, usually pulled and twisted around the phone for the connection to complete the circuit so it will charge. Car, home, doesn't matter what charger I try. After charging for a minute, it stops
My son's Admire has the same issue. I tried many different cables with it...no luck.

Turns out it is his port. Now the phone even thinks it is charging sometimes when it isn't even plugged in. He has to get the cable angled just right to get it to charge or get recognized by the PC.

The port on his actually moves around a bit.

Holy Crap I didn't notice this thread was

Worst part is, even under warranty the ports are usually not covered as they attribute it to user abuse/misuse (ie. tripping over cord or yanking it out) which is total BS.

Depending on your phone's age or if you have insurance I would still bring it in and see what they say. You may get one of Metro's more stupid associates (highly likely) and get lucky. Good luck.

Holy Crap, I didn't notice this thread was so old. I'm helping to summon the dead!
Last edited by InFiD3ViL; May 19th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.