Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid
The easiest way, at least for me, to get an app into /system/app is to use Root Explorer
to copy the apk into /system/app.
To do this:
- In Root Explorer, copy the apk file you want to put in /system/app
- Navigate to the /system/app directory
- Tap the Mount R/W button on the top right
- Tap Paste
- Scroll down to the pasted apk, long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
- Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
I followed all the steps (including reboot) but I'm still not seeing the app in my app drawer either.
Background: I'm running the eclipse rom on my Motorola Droid Razr (I know this is not a razr forum, but is the closest thing I found related to my issue). The rom deleted all Motoblur apps and I'm trying to re-install some. I got the apk files from my wife's razr system/app folder, but even after the steps above I can't install them.
If I try to actually hit the install button in Rom Manager (after moving files to system/app and changing permissions) it runs the install but at the end I get "application not installed".
Please help! Thanks