View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
htcexplorer

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erum View Post
Hello To Everyone,
Well I have read some posts smiler to my post. I cant found the best way to get rid out of this problem. Why Menu lights are disable i have checked all the settings but unable to find the solution. I want Menu lights always on please help me. I have HTC EXPLORER
I don't think that there is an option to set the touch button lights to always ON..as on my HTC they turn on/off with the intensity of light on the ambient light sensor..whenever I cover the sensor with my finger, they light up and when there's a lot of light incident on the sensor, they just turn off..which fulfills the purpose of being an ambient light sensor..try this for your phone (while it is unlocked, also set screen brightness to "Adjust automatically" and screen timeout to "Never Turn Off")..this way you'd be able to find out whether its a faulty ambient light sensor or touch button lights..if the screen brightness changes while you do the above thing then your sensor is working fine but touch button lights might be faulty..in the other case, if screen brightness seems to be constant then you might be having a faulty sensor also..

Please note that the screen brightness will change after about 5 seconds of covering the sensor..and it should appear dim..and when you'll keep it in front of a light source then you'll notice that the screen appears too bright..if it happens as I've written then you definitely have faulty touch button lights..

Hope it helps..
Last edited by htcexplorer; May 23rd, 2012 at 04:27 AM.