Thread: Support texting pictures
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Criplor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): samsung galaxy s2x
Carrier: Not Provided

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerses View Post
Welcome to the forum!

With regards to your MMS issue, I have a silly question...

Are you sure that the images you are sending are JPG files and not video files? I ask this because if your camera is in video mode and you click as if you are taking a picture, you get a short video.

Regarding time to send. What resolution of image are you trying to MMS?

Have you contacted Telus to ask about slow MMS delivery? There may be an issue in your area.
no, they are definitely pictures, but good question.

The resolution of the pictures is pretty large, but my phone says that it compresses the picture before it will even let me text it.

I have not tried to talk to telus about this, but that might help, though I know of other people who have telus in my area and suffer no MMS lagging problems. Also, contacting telus doesn't change the fact that they are viewed as short video clips. Is this something that happens with all s2x's?

Edit: also the videos don't look like regular ones, the only time I see this kind is during this problem. makes me think it is how the phone is programmed or something.

I also have the feeling that it is trying to send 60 fps for the few seconds of video of my pretty high megabite photo
Last edited by Criplor; May 23rd, 2012 at 09:06 PM.