Thread: General Dismal battery life?
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
TX-Dennis

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I've been very pleased with mine so far. Today it has been unplugged for nearly 16 hours now. Battery is at 37% with moderate use - about 6 minutes of phone calls, numerous texts, maybe an hour each of game playing and web surfing. I have wifi and 3g enabled at all times. GPS only when needed. Virgin service in my area is pretty iffy with generally slow 3g rates, but pretty good voice coverage. I have to laugh at the terms of service statement that data rates will be limited to 256 kbps after using more than 2.5GB of data. I usually get around that at "full" speed. I was sorely tempted to wait for the EVO since there is WiMAX coverage here, but in the end I went with the less expensive phone and my grandfathered $25 plan. I've lost 3g service completely once or twice, but that happened with the V now and then, too. Toggling airplane mode for a few seconds or rebooting the phone fixes it every time. Other than that no issues to report. Maybe I've just been fortunate. I never had any major issues with the V, either. I am jealous of the download speeds my wife gets on her AT&T iphone on HSPA+, but not jealous enough to pay $90 a month plus $200 for the phone. My battery life beats hers, too - and Siri is annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to TX-Dennis For This Useful Post:
AndyOpie150 (May 26th, 2012)