Thread: General Kindle Fire choppy video
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
xsenna
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Kindle Fire choppy video

I have an unrooted Kindle Fire with some non-Amazon store apps installed (Google Application Framework, Youtube, Skype, Dolphin Browser HD, International Keyboard).

When I first launched video through the installed Youtube app, everything worked great without any glitches, but then after I didn't use Kindle Fire for 2-3 days, I tried launching video and it became really choppy on any videos, not even HD.

At first I thought that this was a "smart" CPU governor trying to limit usage of power, as my battery was at 20%. But when I recharged the Kindle fully, there still was no change. Only a reboot helped.

It seems that a memory leak or some CPU-intensive process was running on the background (although in the list of running programs in Kindle there was nothing extraordinary). But how do I check for a memory leak or CPU usage? Is there an app for it? Should I install an app killer on Kindle Fire?

I've already got rid of Skype, because I think it might be the culprit, but I'd like to know for sure.

I do not want to root Kindle, as I do not need anything from it apart from browsing and watching videos.