View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Geek Goddess

Device(s): HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalCritic View Post
You can also try Mybackup Pro or Titanium backup (I have both and personally I am much more fond of Mybackup since it has all the same features but it's more user friendly).
I will second using MyBackup Pro. I actually used it to transfer all my data and apps from my OG EVO to my LTEvo and it worked flawlessly. It restored everything, including all my text messages, phone call log/history, contacts (AND their associated photos), plus all my apps. Note it did NOT restore some things that are not allowed to backup such as "keys" to make an app the "pro" version, but they were available to me to download as soon as I logged into Google Play.

The only other thing I'll mention is if you're like me and got a few freebie apps from Amazon, then you'll also have to download the Amazon App Store. It is NOT in the Google Play store, so you will have to download it directly from Amazon: Install AmazonŽ Appstore. Just like with Google Play, once it's installed all your Amazon apps will be available for you to download and you should be all set!

(By the way, when I did my restore I unchecked system settings and Android home settings. I also MANUALLY copied my Photos, Music, Videos, Ringtones and Notifications from my OG EVO's SD Card onto the LTEvo's card. That way, I was able to pick and choose which "media" I actually wanted to transfer.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Geek Goddess For This Useful Post:
dubbyak (May 27th, 2012)