Thread: Support Boosting my cell signal?
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hguols
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!

You're right about no app makes a stronger signal. I did find an app that helps "reboot" my signal when my phone gets stuck on "can't find service", and it helps sometimes...

I actually have wood siding on my house. Its an old, very large, 5 bedroom house. I live in a town that's one chromosome away from being rural. A coworker of mine has AT&T and has the same signal problems. 1 bar outside, nothing inside and he pays $100 per month on his plan.

I did call Straight Talk to ask them what was going on with my Android phone service. The were actually dumbfounded that I was getting a signal at all because they said they don't service the area I'm in. They asked me a ton of questions... it was borderline hilarious.

I used some of my rainy day money and bought the nicest Wilson Signal Booster they had. Now I get 2 bars in my office, one in the living room and one in two of the bedrooms upstairs. I didn't even do the best recommended mount either...

Considering that I was able to call my dad and talk to him for an hour inside my house on a phone/carrier that doesn't service my area, I'll take it.

Gladly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hguols For This Useful Post:
PolicyWonk (May 30th, 2012)