View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
TxGoat

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

The Democrats definitely haven't provided much substance for their cause I agree.

And some people will say that the prosperity under Clinton's 2nd term happened because of the internet boom (which turned bust around 2000).

If you look at what each side has championed recently, the Democrats wanted to extend unemployment benefits (which you can say was to attempt to let the jobless continue to put food on their table, or provided the jobless less incentive to find a job and suckle on the government teet) while the Republicans championed extending the Bush tax cuts (which everyone tends to claim benefits the wealthy, which the GOP argues will create jobs, which subsequently didn't really create jobs when it first passed), thus the Democrats seem to want to champion the poor, while the GOP want to champion the rich job creators. Thus, the middle class get the shaft.

Thus, you have to consider other things when voting since it's obvious that neither side is championing middle class issues. What really irritates me about the GOP is their constant assault on individual freedoms. They have no problem giving corporations person-hood (if you've ever met a person that doesn't have a moral compass), but when it comes to individual freedoms, they want to limit it. A person's sexual preference and a person's reproductive health is their own business.

On this topic, I have never understood how the GOP can claim they want less government unless it's the government enforcing someone else's morality. I'm a heterosexual male that does NOT believe in abortion, but who the hell am I to tell someone else how they should live their life? I don't believe in gluttony when you consider how many people in the world are starving, but that doesn't mean that I want my government to start mandating how much food each person is allowed to eat. It's called personal responsibility and I wish the GOP would afford the same consideration for individual citizens that they extend to large corporations and campaign contributors.

The Democrats actually have the right idea on this one topic, it's no one's business, least of all the government's business. I wish people would learn to mind their own business when it comes to gay/lesbian rights and reproductive rights. We should all have the right to live our life as we see fit as long as it does not infringe on someone else's right and that includes two guys or two girls marrying if that's what they wish or a woman using abortion as a form of birth control because her and her lover were too irresponsible to practice safe sex, even though I personally think it's irresponsible to use an abortion as a form of birth control, but as I stated, it's not my business.

But sadly, that's one of the few issues that I wholeheartedly agree with the Donks on, as far as economic issues, I don't see them fighting for the middle class, but I don't see the GOP fighting for the middle class either.