View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
breadnatty08
Pain de Cacao

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,954 Posts

Pasta, great tips!
We don't grill much meat in the restaurant, just chicken. We marinate them in a "herb oil". Basically a mix of whatever herbs we have in the house with oil and salt: parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano.
For our pork confit (which isn't grilled, but I'll share anyway), we cut pork shoulder into steak like pieces (about 1" thick), top them with very course rock salt, thyme leaves, crushed garlic cloves and juniper berries. Let them sit for 4 hours under refrigeration. Afterwards, rinse off everything and cover the pork in duck fat (any type of animal fat will work, like lard), and bake covered at 300 degrees for 4 hours. Once slightly cooled, separate the pork from the fat and shred. This stuff is delicious! Put on a sandwich, pizza, or whatever.
Grilling wise, I stick to basics (I'm pretty much a vegetarian), but always seasonal. For veggies: corn, squash (zucchini, yellow), tomatoes (wrap the grates or keep them above the heat), mushrooms are all great. As always with grilling, keeping it as simple as possible is the best!
Site Rules and Guidelines
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
olbriar (May 29th, 2012), pastafarian (May 29th, 2012)