Thread: General Dismal battery life?
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
elgecko
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 - Rooted - Stock /// Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - [JB][4.2.2] CM 10.1
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke60 View Post
Well, my log activity is just scrolling like a madman, and whatever is active is assassinating my battery. Since I had USB connection issues on Day 1, I'm thinking this one is going back to Best Buy.
If you are having issues with the USB connection and acting strange now, I'd return it and try another. Especially the USB. That starts to act flaky, how are you going to charge the phone.
I installed BetterBatteryStats on the first phone I had that was sucking the battery, but had not looked into how to read it properly as I returned the phone after the third freeze I experienced.

My new phone has great battery life compared to the first phone and have not experienced the freeze I had with the other phone.

I have read mixed reviews of Juice Defender, but I decided to try it.
It's helping to save battery even more. I says it has increased my battery life by x2.17.
At 12 1/2 hrs and at 72% battery left. The earlier screenshot posted above was a little over 11 hrs and I had 56% with about the same amount of use.

Gecko Theme for OE