View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM   #458 (permalink)
RazzMaTazz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend View Post
- a contact created on the phone does not seem to sync to hotmail I.
It should. It does for me and others. Please make sure:
1) When editing the new event on your phone, under the "Calendar" field you select your Hotmail account, not your Gmail account.
2) On your phone, your sync settings include your calendar. (Settings/Accounts & sync/Manage Accounts...")

There was one other person on this thread that complained that they couldn't sync new events from their phone to Hotmail. I can't remember if that person got the issue resolved. There could be some phone-specific, software-specific, OS-specific issue, but I kinda doubt it. It could be related to the issue below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend View Post
- in the calendar app on the phone I only see the main hotmail calendar, but not the calendars I follow in hotmail. How can I make these extra calendars visible.
I'm not sure what you mean by "calendars I follow in hotmail".

1) If you mean that you want to sync the main default calendar (called "Calendar") from multiple Hotmail accounts, that should work and they should be synced to your phone's calendar app.

2) If you mean that you can't sync multiple calendars within a particular Hotmail account (like "Calendar", "Birthday Calendar", "US Holidays", & "Steve's Calendar"), then to my knowledge, that can't be done on the phone. In my original post under "Caveats" I wrote:
Although Outlook and Hotmail support multiple calendars, only the default calendar will be syncrhonized with Android. If you want to maintain multiple calendars on Outlook, then you must create multiple Hotmail accounts and add them to Outlook and the Email app on your Android devices.