View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #1354 (permalink)
setmeupnow

Device(s): Droid Incredible (Root but S-On)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thank you very much everyone! After months of reading this thread and gathering the tools, checking the other threads, then re-reading this one and checking comments, I finally took the first step. I registered just to say thank you, and to share some of my experiences following the guide.

My Dinc is Hardware version 0003, running 2.3.4 build 4.08.605.2 (which took quite a while to get, but solved the low memory problems).

My goal was to just get Superuser so I could install a few root apps like Barnacle, and delete some of the Verizon bloatware. I probably will try out custom ROMs eventually, but one step at a time.

One step I almost missed was installing the unrevoked USB drivers. Thank goodness I re-read many times. I also almost got confused as to whether to perform this procedure while in HBoot or not (as following the directions sequentially could lead to that conclusion). I deduced that the warnings about verifying "USB debugging" and all meant I needed to boot the phone up.

A later poster mistook the clockwork "hat and arrow" graphic for a freeze. I made the same mistake, but then saw that I too had hit "power" instead of "trackball". I assumed I was supposed to select "power down" (which I did).

Upon booting the phone up, SU did indeed appear in my app drawer. However, "clear data" was greyed out for me as well. I assumed that since the instructions say "alternatively... boot checker or root only app", that I could skip actually flashing the new clockwork.

I did download ROM Manager, and Barnacle. I got Barnacle set up and connected my laptop, so it seems I was successful.

I fully intend to finish the clockwork flash later. It sounds like I have to do that before I can use the "create backup" option? I plan to get Titanium Backup Pro prior to flashing clockwork and make a few backups before continuing.

So that is my experience so far. Thank you so much for these guides! I look forward to more fun with my phone, and possibly our (wife's) xoom, and in a few months, my TF700T.
The Following User Says Thank You to setmeupnow For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (June 1st, 2012)