View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
olbriar
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,417 Times in 3,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
This pellet grill is really intriguing me. If we ever have some space to grill, it's definitely an option we'll look at. Glad it's working out for you!
It's not the grill of grills I'm sure but I'm enjoying mine. They aren't as economical to operate as propane. I'm guessing a bit over a buck and a half an hour fuel cost. You are cooking with 100% wood which is at least a renewable fuel. It also adds flavor and the speed of burn is regulated making cooking a lot easier. I will not rave about the build quality for the money I spent.. but it seems decent and it has a five year warranty. There are moving parts... two fans and an auger. There is also a hot rod that ignites the pellets. All grill people know that these are things that will fail at some point. There is also the electronics that control the fuel rate to the temp you set. I'll be honest and say that it all concerns me.
But... right now I'm elated with the grill. Time will tell the tale if it's for the long haul or not.

My last grill was a big name stainless steel propane unit. I was tired of replacing grill after grill so I spent the big bucks and bought what I thought would last me forever... not so. It had brass orifices which won't rust. I was very ready for the not rusting out and hot spots that I've experienced through the years. However, the brass did not rust.. they split open instead. My starter quit after a couple of seasons too. I was able to replace the burners (cast iron) at thirty bucks each but... but.. I spent a bunch on this grill to avert such problems. It still has a spot on the patio and will see use for it's rotisserie abilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to olbriar For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (June 2nd, 2012)