View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crafty

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro69 View Post
Having just upgraded from my well used HTC Desire I've been used to moving apps (that could be moved) to the SD card.

I used ZDbox that notified me when an app was suitable to be moved to the SD card as not all are.

I've downloaded ZDbox for my s3 and it's still telling me that certain apps can be moved to the SD card but when in the application settings the option to move it just isn't there.

So it looks as though not moving them because there is no reason to do so isn't quite correct - there is no way of moving them even if you actually wanted to.

Is this definitely an ICS thing? It's doing my head in as it was one of the first things I wanted to know I could do after really struggling for internal memory space on my HTC Desire for pretty much the whole of the last two years.
I've got a desire (waiting for blue SG3), so I know exactly where you are coming from.
So, with the desire internal memory is very limited, hence the need to move apps to the SD card. As I understand it the HTC One X is still limited (albeit to something like 2Gb).
This doesn't apply to the SG3 though - when an app is downloaded the entire internal memory is available, so there is plenty of space, there isn't really a need to put anything on the SD card explicitly.
I am not 100% sure but I think some apps (like games) automatically put resources (sound/image files) on the sd card anyway. If anyone can confirm that it would be useful!

In short the shackles that you are used to with the HTC have been removed
The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (June 14th, 2012)