View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1364 (permalink)
mannyp

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi guys, a little help for an Android novice if you can please!

I'm very interested in the HTC T328w Wind but just have a few questions before taking the plunge with etotalk.com.

I currently have an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy Y Pro Duos. However, the Galaxy Y is far too slow for my liking but I really need the dual SIM functionality. I also previously had a Viewsonic V350 but the less said about the handset, the better. The videos of the T328w in action on the etotalk website look very promising indeed.

As I am mainly an iPhone user, I have almost zero knowledge on Android rooting and custom ROMs etc. I've read the guides on here and on xda forums and I'm not sure if I have the experience or patience to dabble in such dark arts. If I purchase the handset from etotalk, I guess I will also have to purchase their 'Unlocked and Rooted' service ($3.99) and most probably the 'Android Market/Google Play installation ($2.99). However, they also offer preinstalled apps for a cost, e.g. Flash Player ($1.99), Whatsapp ($0.99). But if they have already installed Google Play for me, surely I can download and install such apps myself right? Or maybe not? Is there more to installing such apps because of the phone being rooted?

Finally, I've read all the issues regarding Google accounts not being able to sync. What implications does this have for me? Considering that I do not use Gmail, will the lack of being able to sync affect me in any other way?

Cheers guys.