View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty543 View Post
Sprint placed my [partitioned] micro-SD card from my EVO 4G into the EVO LTE. I am able to see all of my photos, but data for other apps do not seem to appear. For example, I downloaded the app Notes from the market, but the data do not appear (or I do not know how to get them from the card to the app!)

Any thoughts and help appreciated!

Is the partitioned card the problem? Should I merely get a new card and download all the files and folder?
Because the internal storage is identified as the "SD" and not the external card, I'd just simply transfer all the app related folders that were created on your external SD.

Since the original EVO did not have "additional" internal storage, it always identified the external SD card as the "SD." LTEvo has the 16gb of internal storage (partitioned), so it will always identify the "SD" as the internal storage that's partitioned separately from the app storage. It's almost exactly the same on the Photon, so I'm very familiar with this.

If you use ASTRO or any of the file explorer apps, you can just cut and paste those app folders that are on your external SD into your internal storage and it should identify things you had saved from your original EVO (of course, this is assuming that there weren't any "device specific" settings that won't work properly with LTEvo).

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
smitty543 (June 4th, 2012)