View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #463 (permalink)
stevend

Device(s): Sony Xperia S
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzMaTazz View Post
It should. It does for me and others. Please make sure:
1) When creating a new contact on your phone, you created it under your Hotmail account as a "Corporate Contact", not under your Gmail account as a "Gmail Contact" or in your phone's memory-only as a "Phone-only Contact". For any contact that you have which isn't synchronizing, you should select it, hit "Edit" and then see what type of "Contact" it is. It needs to be a "Corporate Contact" in order to synchronize with Hotmail.
2) On your phone, set your sync settings for your Hotmail account to include your contacts.(Settings/Accounts & sync/Manage Accounts...")
3) Similar to the multiple calendar issue, you can only sync contacts to the main Contacts folder in Hotmail. Additional folders or subfolders won't sync.
4) In order to troubleshoot, one thing that you may want to see is if the contacts sync from the phone to the Hotmail server by checking Hotmail through a web browser.
This seems to work only under certain conditions. When I create a contact with only phone numbers this works, but when I add an e-mail adres it no longer syncs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzMaTazz View Post
I can't speak to that. Good luck. Let us know if it works.
I know have all my Hotmail calenders on my phone. I configured the Hotmail exchange account, to get the main Hotmail calender. I can create events in this calender from the phone and it's syncs to the cloud.
For all the other calenders I follow in Hotmail I installed the Hotmail app, and made the main Hotmail calendar invisible there.
Last edited by stevend; June 7th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.