View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
ColonelAdama

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cry AT&T Galaxy S II with 4.0.3: Less than 5 hours on Full charge.

I got my phone about october of 2011... kept it completely stock till about 3-4 months ago, when the (un)official ICS update was released (http://androidcommunity.com/atts-ics-update-for-the-original-galaxy-s-ii-leaks-20120326/). I had no problem with battery life before, or after the update. Recently though, the battery has just been getting worse. I had about 8 hours on a full charge. I had a ton of widgets and live wallpaper, so i figured those would be the culprit. I deleted those, hoping to double my battery life, but today i was horrified to find that, my phone, on standby, with no running background apps or anything, had died after only 4 and a half hours. I have already taken out the battery, restarted the phone. "Android OS" uses about 20-25% on the battery settings screen, while the screen uses anywhere from 20-50, depending on how I use it. I turned brightness all the way down also. Attempted to try "juicedefender" or other battery saving apps, none of which helped. I would take it back to the store to figure it out, but it has the 4.0.3, which is supposedly unofficial. So i don't think they would help. I don't think its the ICS causing the problem, but if it is, i wont hesitate to revert back to GB. This is a serious problem and needs fixing, because I need more than 4 hours a day :O

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
Colonel
Last edited by ColonelAdama; June 7th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.