View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,831 Times in 21,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattank View Post
Please let us know if/when you come up with something that works. I am still waiting on my LTE, but discussions of its camera ("all marketing, it's a blur-fest with grotesquely over-sharpened edges") and multitasking ("there's only 600MB ram free due to gfx mapping, and sense takes 500 of that") leave me absolutely horrified. Since I got mine secondhand and am still waiting for it to arrive, I don't think I can return it. I was so excited for this phone... is it really that bad compared to the SGS3?

Looks like Samsung is more than hype this time. The RAM makes the multitasking issues disappear, and the camera samples look incredible compared to the LTE, both zoomed out and zoomed all the way in (though I haven't seen comparisons with turned down HTC's ridiculous sharpness/contrast/saturation settings yet). Sure, I'd lose a kickstand, better screen (more accurate colors and resolution), Sense (I've gotten quite accustomed to it), and HTC's build quality (Though scratched by sand?)...

What to do?
Nah, the camera is really great, you may want to dial back saturation under settings (depending on the lighting, etc). Check out the images thread here, nothing blurry there (except maybe my quick and dirty drive by snap, lol), and Sense does not take 500 MB of the 680 available.

I will going with the Chameleon rom, to get my buttons my way, and then applying any of viper's mods by hand, then debloating.

I was fully prepared to return this to go with the SGS3 if I was in any way unhappy, but the unhappies I have are too minor and too easily addressed.

The screen is simply amazing. Calls are crystal clear. Impromptu snaps of the family are absolutely fabulous.

The multitasking woes can be dealt with.

And all screens will scratch easily with the right sand - the active ingredient in sandpaper and sandblasters, very little can stand against sand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (June 9th, 2012), fattank (June 8th, 2012)