View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #583 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4, Google Nexus 5, OnePlus One
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,410 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzaJB View Post
Before running the superuser tool, on the same configuration as yourself, I found I had to acquire temporary root access. Follow this guide here and do only steps 9-11, then run super tool. Literally just leave the old cmd window open once you've acquired super user and jump straight onto the recovery tool.

On another note, could anyone help? I've managed to completely cripple my Wildfire-S, i've messed around with it that much trying to get clockworkmod on it (To no avail) that i've broken boot, recovery the whole lot. I just get "HTC" on a white background.

Any help restoring android so that I can try installing clockworkmod from mod manager would be greatly appreciated.

So basically, can I fix my phone entirely from fastboot? I've tried "fastboot boot" on multiple recovery images such as RZR, CWM 5.0.2.6, CWM 5.0.2.8 and a stock one I downloaded somewhere. Nothing, dead.
I'm not sure what you've done here or the state of your device. It looks like you tried flashing a Recovery to the boot partition To restore the device, do this:

Download the RUU for your device here: [ROM]Shipped Marvel ROM Collection - xda-developers

Charge the battery above 50%.

Boot the phone into bootloader and select Fastboot using the volume rocker and pressing power. Then connect the USB cable. You should see FASTBOOT USB.

Relock the bootloader using the following command in fastboot USB:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
With the device in fastboot USB, run the RUU from Windows and follow the wizard. You may have to extract and re-flash the stock recovery from the RUU for it to work, I don't remember.

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
WazzaJB (June 16th, 2012)