View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #591 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellita View Post
Frigid's HTC SuperTool wasn't working for me (it was just popping up and then closing down, giving me no option to input any number whatsoever), so I replaced step 4 with sentinel's guide.

How do I know whether I've successfully rooted the phone? Any tell-tale signs I should be looking for?

I tried this, but when I selected "restore" I got a message that there was nothing to restore!

Then I figured, well of course, what file could be restored when I have never created one? So instead I selected "backup" and then it went ahead, spitted out a whole series of rows of text, and finally told me "Backup completed".

So am I OK now? Is is safe to try to start flashing ROMs?

Also, I was able to clear caché (actually "wipe cache partition" - I hope this is what was intended?), but saw no mention of "Dalvik".

Is everything OK or am I in dangerous waters now?
Did you do the factory reset and wipe cache before or after actually runing the backup? If before then you lost all your user data but the ROM is intact--you're safe.

Clear dalvik is under advanced and this needs to be done before installing a custom ROM or restoring a ROM, just like factory reset and wipe cache partition.

To know if you are rooted, install an app that requires root like Titanium Backup. When you run it, SuperUser should put up a dialog box asking if it should grant root access.

Hope that helps!

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
anabellita (June 11th, 2012)