View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
dlcpa
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Blackberry Storm 2 Waiting for VZW Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidcentric View Post
Contracts and possibly pricing if they got the Note tomorrow and the S3 sold like hotcakes at release what use is spending more money for the Note?
If it's marketing, I think they are dead wrong because there are people who want the Note over the S3, like me and I am considering waiting for it, which may be futile. The other thing would be that the Note at 5.3 inches would make the S3 at 4.8 inches look more reasonable and would dominate the market over the little Apples (until Apple gets smart and goes one large and one medium) and BB.

Maybe Samsung gave ATT and exclusive for a year, like they did with the IPhone. And how stupid was that since ATT's network is tiny compared to VZW and a phone like the Note thrives on speed.

But, for those of us wanting to stay with VZW, tell us what is going on or we may switch.

Just looked at a coverage map and in Delray Beach, FL I am great for VZW's 4G LTE but if I move to West Boynton, which I might, I am in the extended 4G LTE area. However, there is no telling when or if ATT will get there at all. ATT is not on Long Island either. The crux of the whole thing is, if you are at the edge of 3G and 4G, with 4G LTEs power you'll be a lot better off. ATT (1 bar out of 5) was awful and totally unusable with a 3G air card in Delray. VZW was 3 to 4 out of 5 bars using 3G.

These are big issues as we become more dependent on smart phones. Would someone buy a new house in an utterly dreadful area for cell phones? I'm sure many do but it has become a factor in the choice.