View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
novox77
Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Device(s): Evo 4G, 3D, LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
1) It will be interesting to see what impact manually selecting a lower ISO will yield. But yes I agree with your suspicion that the result will be darker images -- non manual Point and Shoots that I've used usually have some shutter speed cap and will just refuse to take any shot longer than the limit, even if the exposure/ISO dictate otherwise. It's probably the same here.

2) There's actually a low-light option in the settings (all the way at the bottom of the A button). You might try giving that a shot. In some point and shoots I've used, even though there's no manual function, the low light setting can increase the ceiling for the shutter speed, opening up a few more seconds of exposure over the normal shooting modes. See if that helps.
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to get some shots tonight if I remember. ISO 100 + low light + HDR + tripod stability might provide something halfway decent I'll try higher ISOs too if the low ones screw things up.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Help me out: Sign up with Dropbox and we both get 500MB extra space. Thanks!