View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #599 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
4A.
Quote:
First, download the HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid at xda-developers and don't forget to hit the thanks button on his thread! Be sure to get version 3, not 2! (Direct download here.)

4B. With the phone on, connected via USB in Charge only mode and USD debugging enabled (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging), start the HTC SuperTool and the following options (see attached jpg below):

1) Press 1 followed by enter (Prep using zergRush).
2) Press 3 followed by enter (Attempt Perm Root). It will tell you if the phone was successfully rooted.
3) Type "reboot" followed by enter to reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, try his sequence instead:
1) Press 2 followed by enter (Prep using TacoRoot).
2) Press 3 followed by enter (Attempt Perm Root). It will tell you if the phone was successfully rooted.
3) Type "reboot" followed by enter to reboot the phone.
4) Do step 5A below, otherwise your phone won't know it's rooted.

4C. Check your app drawer for the SuperUser app installed by the Supertool. This app manages root privileges for apps that need it. Whenever you run an app that requires root, you'll get a dialog asking if you want SuperUser to grant permission to that app. Tell it yes.

If the app is not in your app drawer, go to Google Play and download it, then reboot the phone.
I have follow all the step for 4, it said ROOTED but it doesn't have the Superuser goes on my phone. Then I installed it in my phone through Android Market and I have also installed titanium backup just to see is it Rooted or not.

And it saids that my phone isn't rooted yet...

Also I am really confuessed by the 5th step... I have downloaded the img and did what it saids, don't know what it does but i still did it. Then I am so confussed by the CWM5 recovery. I don't know where do you get that and the procedure for backing up and restoring roms...

Hurry People... HELP... I am suck in the middle of all five steps...