View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rose4uKy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Had the EVO4G the EVO 3D and now the EVO4G LTE!
Carrier: Not Provided

Well I still don't get it cause this morning I saw two text not send the circle was still spinning from yesterday. I set my handcent now to tell me the message is sent but I never had this problem before on my 3D or my OG EVO. Last night most of my text went right through but one then I saw today that one and one from earlier in the afternoon didn't. My signal when not on wifi sucks in my house so maybe that's it I don't know. Even though I know text don't use 3g or wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
Handcent, Go SMS, Stock Messaging -- they are essentially viewers or browsers for the same underlying SMS text protocol. They might use Wifi for the downloading of MMS images and such, but the underlying text protocol is the same -- the emergency carrier band of regular CDMA cellular. So any of those apps are the same and should work under 1x cellular.

Google Voice to the extent that you haven't combined your numbers uses data so it has the possibility of being less reliable when at 1x, but more reliable if your cell service is bad but you have wifi.