View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
NetSpeedZ
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Optimus Elite (personal use) plus any that I have in the shop to repair and/or resell.
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I'm not quite sure why no one is reading my original question. I have a Huawei Metro M860 that has already been flashed with CyanogenMOD. I'm not really looking for information on how to do that. I'm already well versed in flashing. Just trying to find if there is a way to upgrade a Huawei M860 (Metro PCS) to Android 2.2, i.e., maybe over the air or maybe a nandroid backup so that screencast will attach to the phone - without flashing a custom ROM first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
If your carrier is CRICKET, then no, ANDROID 2.1 is the only official O/S for this phone.

METRO PCS offered an official version of 2.2,but,I believe it didn't work well at all. Might wanna ask around the forum if anyone is running it successfully.

Thousands of people here have run PLAYFUL MOD 1.1, CM6/CM7 on the ASCEND, myself being one of them. If you want to run applications that are intended for ANDROID 2.2 & up, this is your best, if not only option.