View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #162 (permalink)
SkyRocker

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Add me to the list of successful "ROM'ers". Followed the instructions, first time trying to boot into the recovery got the fastboot error. Checked out the XDA forums from a link I got here, downloaded the SDK and a "fastboot erase recovery" and a "fastboot install recovery" (not verbatim, something like that) later I was in recovery.

Followed the rest of the instructions for wiping the caches, data, installing the ROM from the zip file and I'm good to go.

When I got this phone last July, we were barely able to root it. I had it rooted I think by Sep/Oct something like that, but couldn't find any reliable consistent info on how to get the recovery mod on it. SO here we are. I want to thank this community and the guys who worked so hard to enable us to mod our phones.

This is my first android phone, moved up from a Nokia E71. Never liked Iphones or Apple in general, but anyway, glad to a part of the Android community, and a big thanks to all the guys out there that put in long hours so that we can do great things with our phones.