Thread: Upgrade radio
View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ososum

Device(s): HTC ONE S
Carrier: Not Provided

Good morning,
I am relatively new to all this root/flash business. I had a Desire before, which I flashed with a Goldcard and when I received my new ONE S (UK Orange) last week I decided that I wanted to test my skills again.

Essentially I just want to get rid of the Orange apps (even though they are a lot more subtle this time) and run a stock ROM.

I followed this root guide (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1583427) successfully and use Official CWM of koush (HTC One S) as recovery.

So far so good. I then tried to flash a stock ROM (RUU) that I found on filefactory, but ended up with an error [155], which led me to this page.
I followed the link in this thread, downloaded “Radio from RUU_Ville_U_HTC_Europe_1.78.401.2”, transferred it onto my phone, rebooted into recovery and flashed it. After multiple reboots...success I am now running:

CyanogenMod version
9.0.0-RC0-alpha9-ville-UNOFFICIAL
Baseband version
0.15.31501S.19_2_10.13.31501S.06L
Kernel version
3.0.8-gea7b1d6
konni@annoyance #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 7 21:48:20 CEST 2012-06-20
Unfortunately I have realised that this is not the ROM for me and I wanted to try and find proper stock ROM. However as soon as I booted the phone it tells me that “SD card safe to remove” and ROM manager and the camera tell me I need to insert SD card before using them...but my phone has no SD slot.

I am also unable to transfer files directly to my phone from my PC. I am not quite sure why, it just doesn’t do anything when I try to turn on USB storage.

So after the brave start to my quest this is where I am now, moments away from declaring defeat. Has anyone got any suggestions how I can get back to stock ROM. I don’t want or need anything fancy, I just want to have the normal ROM and be able to receive timely updates.

Help would be much appreciated...
Thanks in advance for your advice.

(P.S.: Apologies for the missing links, not allowed to post them)