View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
arlancam509

Device(s): moto x developer edition & Nexus 7 Stock 8gigger w/kitkat
Carrier: verizonwireless

I got non-stop reboots when I would put my computer on my desk at work. The desk is metal and I am assssssoooooooooming it was because of some magnetism causing the internal magnetic "receptors" to get confused. I got a block of wood (2x4!!!) as a desk cradle. haha, cradle. The bootloop went away.

One day while perusing this forum someone mentioned the carhome.apk. I thought to myself, "self, delete that file."

Oh yeah, I am a dork. Anyway...

I deleted that file and now my phone can be safely placed on my metal desk at work and it no longer bootloops.

Now, I have gotten random reboots also. I have gone for at least 2 weeks now without one until today. The temperature outside is easily 93 and I was on a bicycle ride. I was using 'my tracks' and getting multiple texts. Have you ever texted while riding a bike? WAY harder than driving and texting. hahaha. I got back home and rolled into my garage. It was easily 105 in there. I got a text while standing in the garage. I took my phone out of the handlebar holder and it rebooted.

I would say with my most uneducated brain that I had a heat related reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arlancam509 For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (June 20th, 2012), myk3916 (September 15th, 2012)