View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM   #49 (permalink)
Android Bob

Device(s): LG Shine Plus with Google
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar View Post
Hi,

The KDZ is the full update which LG Update uses... If you go in the "All things root" forum, there's a thread called "How to restore your bricked Shine Plus" which explains what application to use with the KDZ file. The app is the KDZ update tool. You run the app, select the downloaded KDZ file in the app, plug in your phone, select "CDMA" and then "Emergency" and click update at the bottom... See thread here:

Foolproof Guide for restoring a bricked Shine Plus

This is a way of bypassing the LG update tool which messes up more often than not.
I have the KDZ installed on my PC, so I select CDMA and V20B_00.kdz file from your previous post and I should be in bussiness. Also I found this very good step-by-step guide which may help others like myself who are new to this [HOWTO][PICTURE GUIDE]Update your firmware using KDZ Updater - xda-developers. Much thanks to you.

I launched KDZ App and when I clicked on READ PHONE INFORMATION it failed on MOD UpTestEX MFC Applicaation has stopped working Close Program. Any idea as to what may be causing the failure?

Sorry my bad, I did not have Phone Mode set to Emergency. I reran again with it set to Emergency this time and was successful. Android Version 2.3.3 Kernel Version 2.6.35.7-perf+ vinod.ramani@si-rd10-bld168# Build #GRI40 Software Version LG-C710h-V20b. I had reverted back to stock ROM prior to updating.

Thanks again for all your help.
Last edited by Android Bob; June 21st, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Bob For This Useful Post:
karendar (June 21st, 2012)