View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #66 (permalink)
Stigy
Some say...

Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyPits View Post
google just came out with ICS, when most phones are still on gingerbread or froyo-and now there's 'jellybean'??

i'm getting tired of fragmentation of android and waiting forever for an update to get my phone working right. i am considering going back to iphone for the next upgrade
That's the best part about choice. If you don't like something Google is doing then the iPhone might be the right decision for you. I have had no problems with my phone and if I want more options you can root and ROM your phone to (most likely) get the latest OS on your phone.

The thing is Google is just using code names for its release, but Apple does the same thing with their numbers. iOS 5.0 was released on October 12th, 2011 and iOS 5.1 was released on March 7th 2012. ICS (4.0) was released on October 19th 2011 and we won't see 4.1 until later this year which could actually equate to a longer time between releases than Apple.

Android has always done x.1 releases without major chances EXCEPT 2.3 (Gingerbread) which added & changed a lot of things in the OS. I highly doubt we see many changes between 4.0 and 4.1, but what we do see will definitely be an improvement over ICS and I have no problems with it at all so I would love to see what they have planned.

Just some food for thought.

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.