View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM   #15921 (permalink)
Unforgiven
~Play Nice~

Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 16,908 Times in 9,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halon View Post
Two days ago I go to get in my Escape after work and immediately get hit with a smell that almost knocks me on my butt. I look all over for something and find nothing. So I drive home with all the windows down and a/c on. Also, instant headache. Yesterday I get in to go to work and the smell is still there but not as bad. I look all over and still can't see what it could be. I then feel a wet spot on the carpet. Right by is an unopened bottle of chocolate milk that I bought on Sunday. That high temps the past few days caused the cap to loosen and some of it leaked out. Now I need to find something to get rid of the smell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_gEEk View Post
yuck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Oh jeez, rotten milk smell out of a car. Eek.
ick
When I was a teenager I worked with some carpet installers and this is what they recommended. Warm water with dishsoap (that will separate the oily food substance from the carpet fibers) and get it good and wet. Here is the important part. Press firmly with paper towels or a rag to absorb the moisture, do not scrub as this simply spreads the stain. When I get a stain in my carpets at home this is what I do. I usually use paper towels and then step on them with my heel until the moisture doesn't soak through.

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

The Following User Says Thank You to Unforgiven For This Useful Post:
halon (June 22nd, 2012)