View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM   #1371 (permalink)
AvsFanTRD

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsoccerfreak View Post
Hey when i try to do this root i plug my phone in to do the unrevoked 3.22 and it will do its thing for a while, and then it will say "Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try Again." and then it will reboot my phone to a screen that says ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0 and it has some options i have tried redoing the the unrevoked but it always does this. Also i am pretty sure i installed the drivers correctly. can someone help me I am a noob in this kind of stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
if youre getting a screen that says clockwork mod recovery v5.0.2.0 then youre almost there! have you checked to see if the superuser app is in your app drawer? the process may have completed,despite the error message.

if the su app is indeed missing,no worry,just grab the superuser .zip file in the other sticky(regain root with s-off) and flash that in clockwork mod recovery. you will need to place it on the root of your sd card,then use the menu options in clockwork to flash it(wipe cache and dalvik cache for good measure). you will navigate clockwork with the optic trackpad thingy. push it to select(not the power button )

once youve successfully flashed superuser and hes working and grantiing permissions,you can continue on to get s-off
So I had the same problem as the user above and used the suggested method from scotty by placing the superuser zip file on the sdcard and installing it from the clockwork recovery. I've wiped the cache and dalvik cache and I am now stuck in a boot loop. Any suggestions?