View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #16040 (permalink)
Lucky Armpit

Device(s): Motorola Razr Maxx, Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Good morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Friday night was nothing exciting, just out to dinner and back home to watch a movie. We watched Real Steel. It was okay, nothing exciting. 'Tis the beauty of Netflix.

Saturday evening, one of our club member's church asked us to fly our airplanes at the kickoff of their aviation-themed VBS. We flew a few small planes, some large planes, an aerobatic heli, and a candy drop. The kids and parent both had a great time! A buddy of mine captured a few pictures so I'll post them as soon as I get them. One guy had a dead stick (his engine cut off mid flight... or as we call it, "came un-crunk" ) but he landed without incident. My other friend landed a bit too hot and ran into a piece of rebar sticking out of the ground. Why that piece of rebar was sticking out of the ground at a place children play soccer is beyond me. It chewed into his left wing but he said it's an easy repair. It wasn't too hot but it was very humid. We were all soaking wet when it was over. After that, went to a friend's house as he was having a 30th birthday party for his girlfriend.

Went flying on Sunday, but came home early because I'm really making headway on my FPV heli and also putting my Blackhawk back together. Got a few hours in the workshop so me very happy.

@Copacetic, happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!

@Svt - Totally understand man. Every relationship goes through highs and lows. I hope things settle down and work out for you guys.
Last edited by Lucky Armpit; June 25th, 2012 at 08:47 AM.