View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Weaksid

Device(s): Droid X 1st Gen, Motorola XYBoard 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

I've seen this before with just normal computers. It's usually caused by a overwhelming amount of data at once or sometimes if one of those programs transmitting has a bad packet. On the computer, I found the software that was causing it, removed it, reinstalled, and it worked fine after that. It was weird.

I would start with your router, reset it, set the wireless security up using WPA2-Personal , channel 9, and if you want to bump the security up to the next level, filter using device MAC. Keep the DHCP and other settings where they are at. I'm also assuming you have our router directly connected to your modem and not to another router.

Clear the saved connection in your phone, then re-add to see if it happens to reboot it again. If it does, might want to look at what apps you have on your phone. You may have a bad one or your phone could also be infected and it could be causing issues for your router. If you want to check your phone for virus/malware/etc, I recommend Bitdefender through the Android store. It will automatically scan your device and memory card.

If doing that doesn't work, could try backing up your phone then doing a factory restore. Start restoring pieces at a time, see if you come across the problem again. If you want to back up certain things, a program called Mobisynaps works great. Plus you can also select the options to back up all your application settings and data to your Google account located in your settings. If you need further instructions, I'll provide them.

Hope this helps.