View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
KupKrazy

Device(s): G3, GS4, Note2, GS3, Note, Charge, Vivid, Inspire, Desire, TabS10.5, Nexus7.2, Note10.1, Tab, XOOM
Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubincx View Post
... I upgraded from the note expecting to retain the move to sd card feature..had I known this I would not have bought the GS3..I really hope Samsung addresses this soon, cause I'm ready to sell.
Are you talking about the AT&T SG Galaxy Note? As far as I know, the "move to SD" feature in the Note merely moves the app from the "Internal Storage" to what is called "USB storage" which is just another storage area within the phone. It does not actually move apps to the physical micro SD card that you have in the Note. In fact, I don't know of any way to move my apps in my Note to the physical micro SD card.

The only difference I see between the S3 and the Note in the way the memory is handled is that on the S3, the internal memory is no longer split up like the Note - and that it's just called "Device Memory". But in both devices, you were not able to actually move apps to the physical micro SD card.