View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #80 (permalink)
OfTheDamned
The Friendly Undead

Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts

Well it looks even more like they are going to be showing off 4.1 at Google I/O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I'll be honest, I'm starting to question whether the reason VZW takes longer to release devices and updates is because of a more rigorous testing process, or because their testing process is filled with bureaucratic crap which guarantees a slower process AND lesser product. Honestly, I didn't see any improvement with the 4.0.4 update in what I consider the biggest problems, in fact I think it may even be slightly worse. And I know your problem wasn't fixed either, OTD. Kind of frustrating.
It could be a bunch of red tape or it could be really poor communication between Samsung and Verizon. It could also be that testers are living in the the problem regions for the muted call issue. No muted calls must mean problem solved, right? Knowing people that work for Verizon, I can see red tape being a huge issue.

In the past, I haven't seen huge improvements with software updates unless their are version changes. On my fascinate they released a couple of minor updates, but the real fixes didn't come until the phone moved from Froyo to Gingerbread. So if it is Verizon, Samsung, ICS or something else maybe 4.1 will fix it.

Does a post have your blood boiling? Make a instead of a retort.