Thread: General How tough is the Photon?
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
simcha

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who is hard on his phones.

I never use a case because I hate the added thickness.

I have dropped my Photon more times than I can count. A few times stand out.

I was walking a shopping cart into the cart coral at a shopping center with my Photon in hand. I hit a bump and my Photon flew out of my hands up and out. It hit the asphalt and only had scratches on the casing to show for it. It's still going strong. My Photon's fall was at least 6 feet onto the asphalt.

I've dropped my phone leaving and entering the car onto the pavement more than a few times. I have scratches to show for it, but my Photon still works like a champ.

I drop my phone onto the carpet in my house regularly. Nothing has ever impeded the functionality of my Photon.

My Photon does have a small hairline crack by the USB port from one of its falls. It seems to laugh at it because it hasn't affected functionality.

The circular Motorola logo on the back of the phone fell off in my pocket from rubbing against the fabric of the pocket (I would guess).

So, my Photon has scratches on the casing and it's missing it's Logo on the back. The screen is perfect except for one minor scratch that is perhaps 3mm on the right side where there are no pixels.

I would have to say that this is one of the most durable phones I've ever had. I'm always hard on my phones and I look for build quality when I pick a phone. The Photon has exceeded my expectations in durability.

Saying that, I'm very happy I chose to get the Best Buy Buy Back Program because they don't look at the condition of the phone when giving you credit toward your next upgrade. If I upgrade by the end of the year, I should be able to leave Best Buy without paying more than $50 depending on the phone I choose.