View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
srbbell

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question Help me move apps to micro SD card

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I should just go ahead and get this out of the way real quick: I am a convert from iOS with the S3 being my first Android phone. So far I am loving the switch and am not looking back!

I've been adapting to the OS over the past few days and things have been going well, however, there is one thing that has been bugging me - how do I move installed apps over to the 64GB micro SDXC card I have installed from the internal 16GB? I seem to recall from other users of Android phones that this is one of the great features of the OS. Seems rather odd to me that on this flagship phone, there is no native option to do so. I have downloaded a couple of apps from the Play Store to help me accomplish this, but neither of them were successful.

Is there any way to do this on the S3? Could someone kindly point me in the right direction. Can I only do it if I root the phone? I'd rather hold off on rooting for a while as I'm still following the learning curve of Android, although I do plan on doing this sometime in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have!