View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmm View Post
I'm with t-mobile.
Unfortunately, I do not know much about T-Mobile. I'll ask a friend to see if he has the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergs351 View Post
This is a fantastic phone but I have one problem with mine and my daughters, whenever we go on the net from Google the screen goes very dim and cant be read. If I go on facebook or ebay via an app it is fine but if we go on anything via Google search it always goes very dim, if I press the back button, for a second it goes bright and normal an then goes off. I have tried everything in the settings but nothing seems to change it.
Also when I play a video it starts off very dark and dim for about 5 seconds and then it brightens up. This is really spoiling a really brilliant phone for me, please help. Thanks.
Go into settings and then to Power saving. Uncheck Background Color, that's what dims your screen on the net.

The other thing with the slight dimming when starting the video is the Auto adjust screen tone feature. You can disable that in Display, it's towards the bottom.
Last edited by jerofld; June 26th, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
AceMathias (July 17th, 2012), javamann (October 25th, 2012), petergs351 (June 26th, 2012)