View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #303 (permalink)
Granite1
Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Device(s): EL TEvo, The OG (wife), Hero (retired)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,347 Times in 3,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omiller315 View Post
I would assume buy it on Ebay and then sell the 3D on Ebay. I found most phones can fetch more money there vs any trade in site. Saw a 4G around $400 on there and a 3D selling for 140ish. So for around $300 net you can get a 4g. See cheaper ones with bad ESN #. Not sure if that is fixable to use on Sprint though
Bad ESN is a killer. Once it's flagged you might as well give it to the kids as a WiFi gaming device. ESN is the Electronic Serial Number and once it's been flagged it can't be reactivated.

It's kinda like trying to polish a turd. No matter how long you polish that sucker, it's still just a turd.

I know there are deals to be had on ebay and Amazon, but with all of the shenanigans going on out there, I'd be reluctant to buy something of this magnitude from either site. I'd just as soon save up and get it from a corporate store or an authorized vendor like BestBuy. This way, you've got a better chance at a warranty / RMA if the thing is indeed a turd.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Granite1 For This Useful Post:
bearballz (July 15th, 2012), marctronixx (June 26th, 2012), ovrrdrive (June 26th, 2012)