View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #305 (permalink)
Granite1
Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Device(s): M8, Note2(Wife) EL TEvo(retired :()
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 7,013 Times in 3,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post
I was thinking the ebay thing too but for some reason most of the sellers have pretty new accounts with marginal feedback. Sprint is offering it for $549 and I think $90 for trade in so that would net $450 for it and a guaranteed good phone. Unless Bestbuy is doing something under the counter they're asking $699 for it. I usually get my phones from there when they're an upgrade under contract but it seems like they don't want to sell many outright.

I was more wondering about anywhere else that's legit that may be cheaper than Sprint. With the way things are going I'd like to keep my contract with an early expiration date if I can. Contract is up in December and I'd like to keep my options open.

I have a little extra cash right now anyway so why not?
There is an option to buy out the rest of your contract and get a reset on your upgrade. I can't remember where I read it, but it couldn't have been more than a few weeks ago. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

EDIT:
Found it.

It was from ISN in one of the email notifications I was getting from his site. New program is like this:

Advanced Devices
09-11 mos. RLOF: $275 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY275
12-14 mos. RLOF: $225 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY225
15-17 mos. RLOF: $175 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY175
18-21 mos. RLOF: $100 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY100

The month listed is the amount of time you've been on your contract. So if you've been on for 6 months, you'll pay $275 + $199.99 to get the El TEvo = $474.99 which isn't that much less than just getting it outright. That is of course the worst case scenerio.
You are probably in a better position, so you'll need to decide what you're willing to pay, and how much time you want to spend talking to customer service.
Last edited by Granite1; June 26th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Granite1 For This Useful Post:
ovrrdrive (June 27th, 2012), PattiCakeUS (June 26th, 2012)