View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #94 (permalink)
OfTheDamned
The Friendly Undead

Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookas View Post
ICS the end of fragmentation? How? The only way I could see that being the case is if Google updated every Android phone directly from their own offices, but then you'd get an outcry from Samsung and HTC because their crappy overlay suddenly wouldn't work. And it's not how it is anyhow.

Anyway, looking forward to AOKP on 4.1...
The key point of fragmentation that ICS was supposed to address was the difference between phones and tablets. The key reason that it hasn't come to all devices is the big changes that were made between 2.3 and 4.0. Custom UIs had to be rewritten and slimmed down (which was a good thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
Its a given that they've probably had it for a while in a test cycle,

I would bet you that Google is already coding for Android 5.0
I think they are coding for 12.5 already. They are just taking it as it comes, but these guys have ideas that they want out there. They just don't have them finished. Some things may show up in JB and some in KLP. Other may not show up until they get to S or T.

We may not even see JB on phones this year. It may just be on a Tablet for a while and not show up to phones until this fall. At that time we may also see a bunch of phones getting upgraded to it.

Does a post have your blood boiling? Make a instead of a retort.
The Following User Says Thank You to OfTheDamned For This Useful Post:
mbrainerdii (June 27th, 2012)